Sunday, August 03, 2008

Meeting Fr. Jan

This evening my CRHP sisters (Christ Renews His Parish) are hosting a picnic to get to know our new pastor Fr. Jan. I am looking to meeting Fr. Jan and catching up with ladies I've grown to love so much.

[Those of you out of town . . . will be missed.]

As I prepared our contributions for the pot luck, Jack wanted to know about the party.

Was it birthday party? [The only REAL party the boys have experienced.]

How would he have to dress? [Lately, wearing regular or play clothes ranked high on his list of priorities. A considerable amount of persuasion is necessary for clothing perceived as dress up or look nice clothes.]

Who was going to be there? [He was very pleased with the families who be there, almost as if they had been personally selected for him alone.]

What could he bring? [Movie Cars, a metal detector, a spy watch, and on and on]

When would we go? [Apparently, 4 pm is "60 hours" from now and an impossible amount of time to wait.]

And then, when I was too the point of sighing and shooing him outside to play. He asked, "Will Fr. Tom and Fr. Jamie be there?"

I was surprised. I hadn't expected this question from him. In fact, up until this moment I had never heard him make reference to Fr. Tom and Fr. Jamie. So I explained that Fr. Jan was now our new pastor and Fr. Jamie and Fr. Tom were now helping another church learn about God.

Jack's response. "Okay, Good. God knows what He's doing." [very appropriate "CRHP-like" response from a 5 year old]

God knows EXACTLY was HE is doing...more later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, Jen, it's Cynthia, better known as Tia, Susan Bierer's sister. We've met at her house where I've enjoyed you and your wonderful family. I'm voting and rooting for you. YOu're a wonderful mom and person. You go girl! love, Tia